Sport Opens School is a 2-year project (2019 – 2020) that arises from the idea of enhancing the teaching of physical education in high schools, exploiting the positive role that sport can play as a tool for education and promotion of positive universal values.
The main objective of the project is the creation of a new physical education module in high schools that is more engaging for students and that takes into account:
- the importance of the physical activity to promote the health and well-being of young people;
- the ethics of sport (fair play, integrity, fight against bullying);
- the development of life and employability skills of young people through sport.
We are involved in the project to:
- Create a physical education (PE) teaching module in high school which is more engaging and considers the importance of physical activity (health-enhancing) and sports ethics (fair play, integrity, fight against bullying);
- Develop life and employability skills (our workshops: teamwork, leadership, motivation) in young people through sport;
- Train PE teachers so that they can implement this teaching module and also take part in its development.
EU Erasmus+ Sport Programme
Can sport become a tool for developing life skills? The real challenge consists in the acceptance of a new teaching module by physical education teachers so that they can test alternative learning environments towards the development of non-judgmental and collaboration learning situations. Life skills development workshops are characterized by the use of Experiential Learning Methodology.